EPOS Advanced Courses – LATEST UPDATES
– Updated 16 of September 2021 –
COVID-19 pandemic: Onsite course updates
We are glad to announce that EPOS has decided to start to organize onsite events again as of the beginning of 2022. Please find further information below of the upcoming courses.
- Dates: 27-28 January 2022
- Description: The 2nd Edition of the EPOS Advanced – Cadaver-lab course is aimed at paediatric orthopaedic surgeons, but also fellows, willing to improve their surgical skills as well as their understanding of arthroscopic management of paediatric sports injuries. It is a unique hands-on opportunity to learn and practice the latest techniques, including paediatric/adolescent soft tissue and bony procedures.
- Main Topic: Pediatrics sports medicine. Arthroscopy.
- Venue: Swiss Foundation For Innovation And Training In Surgery (SFITS), Geneva University Hospital, Switzerland
- Number of attendees: Maximum 40!
- Registration: Registration is OPEN. If you are interested in participating in this course, please register by following this link: https://otcommunity.m-anage.com/Home/Index/Event/jan2022/en-GB
- Final Scientific Programme (subject to last minute changes) : PDF Document | 6 pages
EPOS ADVANCED COURSE – Motion Analysis for Pediatrics Orthopaedic Surgeons
In collaboration with the European Society of Motion Analysis in Adults and Children (ESMAC)
- Dates: 11-13 May 2022
- Description: The course is aimed at paediatric orthopaedic surgeons, residents and fellows who want to improve their understanding of the multiple roles of motion analysis in modern paediatric orthopaedic surgery. The course will not focus on neuromuscular disease only and is not intended to replace a traditional gait course. Several renewed experts in the field will deliver lectures addressing all aspects of motion analysis, from the traditional complete 3D gait analysis up to basic tools that may help the paediatric orthopaedic surgeon in clinical and surgical patient management.
- Venue: Orthopaedic Hospital Speising, Vienna (Austria).
- Pre-registration list: If you would like to pre-register for the course before we officially open the registration, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will inform you personally once the registration is open
- Registration: Will open in the beginning of 2022
EPOS ADVANCED COURSE – Pediatrics Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
- Dates: 25-26 November 2022
- Description: The course is aimed at paediatric orthopaedic surgeons, residents and fellows who want to improve their understanding of paediatric hand and upper extremity surgery. Several renewed experts in the field will deliver multiple lectures addressing all aspect of hand upper extremity pathologies, including diagnosis, surgical treatment and management of complications. The program will include congenital, posttraumatic deformities and obstetrical brachial plexus palsy topics.
- Venue: Orthopaedic Hospital Speising, Vienna (Austria)
- Registration: Will open during summer 2022
EPOS ADVANCED COURSE – Lower Limb Deformity Course
- Dates: 26-28 January 2023
- Description: This event is aimed at paediatric orthopaedic surgeons, residents and fellows who want to improve their understanding and skills in lower limb deformity correction. Several renewed experts in the field will deliver multiple lectures addressing all aspect of diagnosis, deformity planning, surgical treatment, and management of complications for common and rare paediatric deformities. The program will include congenital, posttraumatic and metabolic deformities.
- Venue: Orthopaedic Hospital Speising, Vienna (Austria)
- Registration: Will open in autumn 2022
IMPORTANT! It is important to note that EPOS is not responsible for any costs related to your travelling to the course destinations and therefore before booking your trip, we highly advice you to check the latest pandemic information provided by your local authorities as well as the authorities in the course city.
PAST EPOS BAT ADVANCED COURSES
- EPOS E-learning Advanced course on CP: Treatment Principles in Cerebral Palsy
07 January 2022 | e-Course
Scientific Programme | PDF Document | 2 pages | 2Mb
- EPOS ADVANCED – CADAVER LAB COURSE
Hip Surgery: from Infancy to Young Adulthood
23-24 January 2020 | Hospital Universitari Son Espases | Palma de Mallorca | Spain
More information | Scientific Programme | PDF Document | 8 pages | 2Mb
- EPOS BAT Advanced Course: Pediatric Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
29-30 November 2019 | Orthopaedic Speising Hospital | Vienna | Austria
More information | Photo Gallery
- EPOS BAT Advanced Course: Hip surgery from infancy to young adulthood
17-18 January 2019 | SWISS Foundation for Innovation and Training in Surgery (SFITS) | Geneva | Switzerland
More information & Scientific Programme (PDF Document | 8 pages | 6Mb) | Photo Gallery
- EPOS BAT Advanced Course: Polytrauma
22-23 November 2018 | Orthopaedic Speising Hospital | Vienna | Austria
More information & Scientific Programme (PDF document | 8 pages | 250kb)
- EPOS BAT Sport’s Med Advanced Course: Cadaver Workshop
Knee and ankle joints in children and adolescents
25-26 January 2018 | SWISS Foundation for Innovation and Training in Surgery (SFITS) | Geneva | Switzerland
More information & Scientific Programme (PDF Document | 4 pages | 520kb)
- EPOS BAT Advanced Course: Fundamentals of Paediatric Spine Deformities: Children’s Spine is Not a Miniature of Adults’ Ones!
24-25 November 2017 | Orthopaedic Hospital Speising | Vienna | Austria |
More information & scientific programme
- Current Concepts in the Management of Paediatric Hip Disorders
September 2013 | Izmir | Turkey
More information & Scientific Programme | PDF Document | 12 pages | 6Mb
- Paediatric Spine Deformities
August 2013 | Finland
- Arthrogryposis Mulitplex Congenita – an update
April 2012 | Finland